Saturday, April 4, 2009

First customer

I completed my first cake to a paying customer! I was excited about it and had fun looking around and thinking of what I wanted to do. The cake was for a girl who was having a party with friends one day, and serving cake for family the next. Perfect for a 2 tier stacked cake with cupcakes! I hope you enjoyed it Claire!

Cupcakes: chocolate with chocolate buttercream & fondant flowers
Cake: Vanilla with french vanilla filling & vanilla buttercream & fondant decorations

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks great charise! i'm sure she loved it!

A-me said...

absolutely magnificent!!!

What was the feed back from the birthday girl?

Mel said...

Looks awesome! Did it take very long? I think I know which girl that was too.

Unknown said...

That is so cute! You did such a beautiful job!

ReeSe said...

Thanks guys!
Ame- I haven't gotten any feedback yet from the birthday girl. Her mom loved it :)
Mel-it did take some time but I spread it all out through the week, baking it one night, making frosting and filling another, stacking and frosting it another so it wasn't too bad.

Sally said...

That not only looks delicious, but sounds wonderful, too! Congrats on the business launch!

Lisa and Doug said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have got the touch!

margo said...

That is stinkin fantastic!! Wow...you're off and running now. :)

Holly Lin said...

Hey Charise...would you mind informing me of your rates? It would be awesome to have a cake made for my b-day (and a little egotistical as well...)
It might be too short of notice - end of next week.

Also, I'm almost done with your little creation. When's a good time to drop it by?