Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day!






Today was M&M's first day of Kindergarten. She was SOOO excited she could hardly contain the excitement. We went to orientation yesterday and met her teacher and after that she wanted to go back right away. Having to wait until the next day was killer for her, but she made it and made us proud. She wanted to walk to the bus stop by herself, but I let her know that I would walk with her today because really...I had to get some pictures! So I strapped little man on me, put CJ in the stroller, Little A walked with Brutus in tow & we walked the 30 yards to the bus stop. Talk about a big production for such a little walk :) Of course we documented it all with pictures and it was fun to see her drive away on the bus. No tears here though...is something wrong with me? Doesn't every Mom tear up when your little one leaves for school? Maybe it could have been the fact that Little A was already heading back home dragging Brutus with his leash. That dog is glued to my ankles and hates to have to walk by anyone else..hence walking with a 3yr old isn't his cup o' tea. All in all she had a great first day. She loves her teacher and made a few new friends and WAY excited to be heading back tomorrow!

I think we need to get her a bigger backpack.


When I was taking the first picture of M&M she was saying "Mom, it's so bright. I can't see. I can't smile" yadda yadda. So Little A heard her and stood next to her and said "No it's not, look I can smile!" Little kids are funny.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Oh I was nearly on the verge of tears looking at these pictures. I still think of Makenna as a little baby. Tell her congrats for me and good luck in school :)

Billy and Megan said...

No, you're not wierd for not crying- you had way too many kids to watch to get emotional! She looks so cute. I'm glad she had a good day.

Lisa and Doug said...

I love the first day of school! I can just feel the anticipation in your photos! How fun!

Unknown said...

wow, 2 babes..talk about good birth control. love the documenting and what a big day for Makenna. Congrats, 1 down 2 to go!