Thursday, August 28, 2008

Congrats Nate & Jme!

OK, this is late...way late! My little bro' asked his girlfriend to marry him on 8/8/08 and I helped him out with some of the planning. He wanted to do something really special so we made a sweet plan (hah, no pun intended) that was sure to work! Jme works at Graeber's downtown and he had me book her last appointment of the day so she wouldn't come home early for any reason. Well geez, tough for me to get a manicure and pedicure :) So nice, thanks Jme! Anyway, earlier that day I whipped up some fancy cupcakes that were awesome! Vanilla cake, with a strawberry glaze filling, strawberry buttercream frosting, and topped with a chocolate covered strawberry. Yum!

He had me put a ring in one of the cupcakes...not THE ring, but one that looked really nice but nothing close to her style. Before my appointment with Jme, I dropped the cupcakes off to Nate (who by the way was REALLY nervous). While I was at the appointment he was going to whip up a scrumptious dinner and have it all packed up in a picnic basket to cruise to the park to eat. James hung out with him while I was at the appointment too (for moral support) and to make a fun date out of the evening when I was finished. After my pampering, I headed over and picked up James and we borrowed Nate's camera that has a gigantic lens to get up close & personal. We were going to spy on them to document the event! We ran and grabbed some Sushi (yumo!) and headed to the park. Nate texted me with a change of park because he could barely get Jme out the door in the heat and had a HUGE picnic basket to lug around (while staying flat so he wouldn't smush those beautiful cupcakes!) and figured Camel's back park would be stretching it. The park down the street from his house was the place. Sushi took a little longer than we thought it would and Nate txt'd me way after the fact that they had arrived so we were a little late getting there. We had a good laugh sneeking around and trying not to be seen, carrying a camera with a HUGE lens. We got some strange looks from people but had fun doing it! So Nate made a nice spread of salad, pasta & a bean sauce & garlic bread. He had the cupcakes covered so she couldn't see what it was. When it was time for dessert he unveiled them and gave her the pre-arranged cupcake (I cut the green stem off the choco strawberry so he could tell which one was the right one). As soon as she saw the cupcakes she started asking more questions. Did Charise make these? When did Charise give you these? Why did Charise make these? Nate asked her to stop asking questions and just eat it. So she took a big bite and said (from Nate's words) "Oh my gosh.............this frosting is SO GOOD!". Heh, he thought she had bit into the ring. He continued to eat his and soon she found the ring wrapped in plastic wrap and started to cry. He took the ring and said that something wasn't right and actually pulled the REAL ring out of his pocket, got on his knee...yadda, yadda...you know the rest!




Anyway, so I was happy to help the little bro' out and get a fun evening out of it with James. Thanks to James' Mom for watching the girls and my mama for watching CJ (who by the way wasn't the happiest of babies...weird :P).
Congrats Nate & Jme!

6 comments:

Nate said...

Thanks! I'm glad it turned out so well.

Billy and Megan said...

That is so cool. And those cupcakes look DELICIOUS!!!!!

Linz said...

This was so fun to read!

Congrats Nate and Jme!

And Reese, seriously, those are the best looking cupcakes I have ever seen in my life.

margo said...

Yes congrats Nate and welcome Jme! And I was happy to have an evening w/CJ...he just wanted to make it more memorable. :)

Mel said...

Congrats Nate and Jme. That sounded pretty romantic :)

J-me said...

Thanks again for all your help in this! Those cupcakes were amazing, i almost couldnt put it down.