Monday, October 13, 2008

Annoyed...

OK, so it's almost been a month since I last blogged. I can't begin to write all that I'm feeling. I've been delaying blogging due to our Mexican vacation and other adventures we have had only to come to realize that our pictures have once again been "corrupted"!!!! I realized this a little bit ago when I sat down to take off all the pics that we had crammed on our camera. I had tons of cute pics of the kids, ALL of our pictures from Mexico, small video mpegs, McCall pics, etc. To say the least I was SO SAD/MAD/ANNOYED and everything else at myself for waiting so long to get them off. It's taken me almost a week to simmer down and face reality that I might not ever see these pictures again. I did fork over a small amount of money and download a photo-saver program to see if it can recover them from their corruptness. It's been reading/fixing the card for days now and I'm really losing all hope that it will come up with anything. So while I wallow in my own stupidity I promise I will return again. Pictures or no pictures I guess our life will move on :)

6 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, Charise - I'm SO sorry. I know the feeling. All our video from our Paris trip got corrupted. And then, AS IF WE DIDN'T learn our lesson, we used the same camera to film the first few minutes of Katie's life. Yea, it has NO sound and goes in and out. We might as well have been filing with something from the 80s. We never did see Paris again. It's hard to let go, though, so I hope it comes up with SOMETHING! Did any of your family in Mexico take pictures they could give to you?

A-me said...

*gasp* ohhh noooo. At least with the Mexico pictures you were with a bunch of camera freaks allowing you to have multiple shots of the same subject at different angles ;) as for the other fun stuff that totally bites. I think it's about time for another camera! LL just got a new camera from his work as a bonus so we have two small ones if you need to borrow one :)

margo said...

oh my.....I'm so sorry Reese. I'm sure you feel just sick about it. Is there any hope that the program will work? And yes there probably are quite a few other pics that you can swipe for some events. sooo sorry!

Anonymous said...

That totally sucks! I'm sorry! I have pictures from McCall and Fall Festival with your family in them if you want some.

Mel said...

That stinks so bad! That happened to me once and it took me a long time to get over it! It's sad to lose those great memories. I hope you can get some back!

ReeSe said...

Sally-I know..so sad! We're still working to see if they will work. Still a no-go as of now. My family also took plenty of pics, but it's just not the same as your own pics :)

A-me-a new camera is definitely in order!

Margo-I am sick and try to not think about it or I get sick again :)

Heidi-I would love any pics you have of the weekend & fall festival!

Mel-we'll cross our fingers!